The demodulator is suitable for superheterodyne architectures with IF frequencies up to 300MHz and the device may be used in low IF systems or in those converting down to baseband.
An on-chip PLL and VCO, together with uncommitted baseband differential amplifiers, provide additional flexibility. Control of the CMX972 is by serial bus.
The small, RF-optimised 32-pin VQFN package and minimal external components make the device ideal for space-constrained applications.
• 20 to 300MHz IF/RF Demodulator
• On-chip PLL and VCO
• 10MHz Rx I/Q Bandwidth
• < 1 degree I/Q Phase Matching
• < 0.5 dB I/Q Gain Matching
• Flexible RF Building Block Solution
• Best in class intermodulation performance
• Excellent phase/amplitude balance
• Serial bus configuration
• Simple interfacing to existing modem/baseband products