iple user-configurable power modes allow the user to dial in the lowest power profile for a given application.
With support for multiple Bluetooth profiles such as SPP and HID, and a simple UART hardware interface, it is simple to both integrate into an embedded system or connect to an existing device. For applications that require an external antenna the RN-42 is also available in a package without antenna.
Roving Networks can also provide an evaluation board (RN-42-SM), a through hole, low power and highly flexible Bluetooth socket module. This socket module is the perfect method for adding Bluetooth wireless capability to existing products without redesign, saving significant time and money.
• Fully qualified Class 2 Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR module
• FCC and Bluetooth SIG qualified
• UART (SPP or HCI) and USB (HCI only) data connection hardware interfaces
• Onboard embedded Bluetooth stack (no host processor required)
• Supports Bluetooth data link to iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
• Supports HID profile for making accessories such as Keyboards, mouse, pointing devices
• Programmable low power modes
• Secure communications, 128 bit encryption
• Error correction for guaranteed packet delivery
• UART local and over-the-air RF configuration
• Auto-discovery/pairing requires no software configuration (instant cable replacement)
• Castellated SMT pads for easy and reliable PCB mounting
• Cable replacement
• Barcode scanners
• Medical devices
• Industrial sensors & controls
• Asset tracking